Address

Elder Aaron Baxter
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Kirche Jesu Christi
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

aaron.baxter@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 12, 2014

Finally in Germany!

Well, I am finally in Germany!  The last day at the MTC we said goodbye and went our separate ways.  Those going to Frankfurt went to the Dallas airport and then to Frankfurt. It was a long day of travel, and I didn`t get any sleep.

Getting to Frankfurt, my watch broke just barely before I met the mission president and other missionaries waiting at the airport, I also lost a zipper on one of my luggage units, so that is my damage report.

I got paired off with my trainer, Elder Weidmann.  He is from Switzerland and is a native speaker.  So I pretty much help him with his English and he helps me with my German.  Speaking of the German language, it is really hard to understand what ANYONE is saying, they speak so fast!  I have had a few meetings with members, and a bit of street finding, which didn`t go to well, and bore my testimony in church.  The language is going to kill me these first few months!  The area I am in is called Offenbach, there is a nice church building there, friendly members, and we play a lot of sports with investigators here.  I am told that Offenbach is pretty much the ghettos, but we are only 10 minutes away from Frankfurt, so that is cool.  There are two other elders in Offenbach, and no sisters, both my companion and I are new to the area.

Mothers Day was nice, I got to skype with my family and get to know the ward mission leader, he is a nice guy from America and has a funny personality.

Anyways, the work is hard (especially in a different language!) but I am looking forward to improving and getting to know the people better.  These next two years will be a whirlwind!

No comments:

Post a Comment