Address

Elder Aaron Baxter
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Kirche Jesu Christi
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

aaron.baxter@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 8, 2014

Kissed By A Homeless Man

This week I learned that I will be staying in Paderborn, with my current companion, but that was probably one of the less exciting things that happened this week.

For Pday we went to Dortmund and did some shopping.  We ended up going to the soccer stadium there, where the the Dortmund BVB team plays (this team seems to be a favorite, out of all of the German soccer teams).  That was cool to see, even if we did kind of just wander into it not knowing if we had permission to go in there or not.

We got our bikes repaired this week, which needless to say, makes our bike rides a lot better now, and the bikes run much smoother, which is a great feeling.  Our brakes actually work now!

The most exciting thing though, was our new investigator.  Our homeless friend I believe I mentioned earlier in another email became a new investigator for us when we found a triple combination scripture for him (Book of Mormon, D&C, Pearl of Great Price).  We shared a short lesson, in which I shared a scripture.  After I shared it, he kissed me on the cheek, which needless to say was awkward for my companion and I.  This guy is a very happy man, and has funny ways of showing it.  We committed him to come to church, and the next day he did!  He participated in all three hours of church, and even sort of shared his testimony during the testimony meeting!  It was exciting to get someone to church, and for him to have a good time.

This week will be fun, a whole new transfer, let you all know how it goes next week!


Aaron at the Stadium

No comments:

Post a Comment