Address

Elder Aaron Baxter
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Kirche Jesu Christi
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

aaron.baxter@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 27, 2015

Missionary Work In The Digital Age..."Almost There!"

Hello Everyone!

Early in the week I went on a split with the newest Elder in my district after a district meeting. Together we made some brownies for investigators to deliver and try to meet with.  After I got back with my companion, we visited a member to deliver the sacrament to and helped him out with some small acts of service, it was a good time.  My companion and I also got back into contact with an investigator we thought we had lost, which was exciting, and the future looks really hopefully there!  Midway though the week all four Elders in Schweinfurt helped out in a primary activity the evening before we were to travel to Frankfurt.

We woke up at four in the morning to take some trains to Frankfurt.  For the first time on my mission, I got to take an ICE train, which are known for being really nice trains.  That was fun because the ICE went through some cities I worked in earlier in my mission back when I was serving in Offenbach.

The mission conference with Elder Bednar was good.  We had a large discussion with Elder Bednar as a mission about "missionary work in the digital age" along with the area president of Europe, and the director of the missionary department in the Church.  We got some booklets relating to the topic of the day, full of pictures of missionaries using stuff like iPads and stuff, but right at the end of the conference, it was announced we were not getting iPads yet, with no explanation as to why.  The most we got was a "soon."  A little bit of a bummer, but the mission conference was still a great time, and we learned a lot during our time with Elder Bednar.  In the end, the conference was making sure we stay focused on the missionary purpose as we move forward with technology on the mission.  I also got to see the Elders I was in the MTC with a year ago, and we made sure to get a picture together.

Ending the week, my companion and I did some finding work, and met a guy who claimed to be a kung fu wizard, and we met a nice family who let us in right away when we knocked on their door.  Turned out they were playing a board game and invited us to play with them.  We got to share a little bit about ourselves, and they invited us to come back next week so we could share more.

All in all, a good week.

Ultron on the ICE train

Aaron with his MTC Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment