Address

Elder Aaron Baxter
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Kirche Jesu Christi
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

aaron.baxter@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 23, 2015

Final Week In Paderborn

My last full week in Paderborn flew by so fast!  It honestly seems like a blur just trying to think back on it.  From what I can recall, Monday evening after P-Day my companion and I met with Br. Seeger and our investigator, Herr Vogt.  Tuesday we did some doors at the University, and we were let in by a Muslim guy and taught the first missionary lesson, but he was pretty set in his religion.

Wednesday was District Meeting, and afterwards we all went out to an Italian Restaurant, and directly after that we headed to a part member family from Bulgaria and were fed real Bulgarian food.  My companion ate too much at the restaurant, so he was struggling with finishing off the Bulgarian dinner.  It all went well, however.  The next few days were spent continuing meeting with Br. Seeger and Herr Vogt, teaching the commandments, and more work with members.

Friday, however, was when I learned that I would leave Paderborn.  I received a call from the mission president, telling me that I would be serving as a district leader with the new transfer that is coming up.  Saturday morning, for the transfer call I learned that I will be moving to the area of Schweinfurt.

Concerning everything else that happened throughout the week, we discovered that the FC Bayern soccer team was spending a night in the hotel across the street from us.  We had to get a picture of the bus!  We did service again at the other church, and this time we got to share a little about what we do as missionaries.  We also had the opportunity to teach Sunday School on Sunday, which ended up going really well, and to end the lesson I told the branch I was leaving Paderborn.  One member´s eyes nearly popped out when I dropped the news, that was pretty funny!  Of course, for Sacrament meeting I was asked to share my testimony, which was actually harder to do than I thought.  Being in Paderborn for seven months is a long time!

So Thursday I head out to Schweinfurt, where I will meet my new companion and district.  It has not been an easy time in Paderborn, but it has been a good time.  I was blessed to see a baptism during my time in Paderborn, and close to a second one!  I feel like I have learned a lot and my testimony has become stronger these last seven months.  I will never forget Paderborn.

Aaron with the FC Bayern Soccer Team Bus


Aaron having to say goodbye to Brother Seeger


No comments:

Post a Comment