Address

Elder Aaron Baxter
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Kirche Jesu Christi
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

aaron.baxter@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 30, 2015

Meet the Mormon Who Has Reached His Year Mark

Hello Everyone!

I hit my year mark on my mission, and it has gone by fast!  My week started with Pday, and for fun we (the Schweinfurt Elders) found an euro shop and found a bunch of ties for only one euro!  Tuesday was Zone Conference, and there we were shown the new movie from the Church, "Meet the Mormons."  A few months behind America on this movie, but at least we got to see it.  We also learned about the new initiative from the Church that started this week, #BecauseHeLives, that was fun to learn about.  I also got a bunch of packages from back home and got to see a few other Elders I knew earlier on the mission.  [Mom's note:  Aaron found out here that Herr Vogt from his last area did get baptised!]

Wednesday I had a split with one of the other Schweinfurt Elders.  We had an appointment with a family in our ward, and tried to talk to some people along a river.  The following day was my year mark.  In the morning I and the other Elders did service at our Bishop´s, and then we played basketball for a little bit with a guy the other set of Elders had found.  In the evening we had planned to go out to a nice German restaurant, but it didn´t work out, so we did that the next day.  For the first time on my mission, I went to a real German restaurant and got real German food, which was a giant Schnitzel.  It was a lot of food, but it tasted really good.

For the weekend there was a fun game night at the church, and we got to show the new video from the Church initiative, and for Church the next day someone we had invited to Church actually came!

Well, it has been a good first year, and I look forward to all the great things in store for the second year!  Ultron is still around also.  Until next week!

Aaron 

Aaron celebrating his year mark

Ultron in Schweinfurt


No comments:

Post a Comment